What We Do
Our mission is primarily accomplished through collaborative decision making in publication activities, readings, and mentorships that develop, showcase, and honor local voices.
Publishing and Exhibition
- We publish the annual Saint Paul Almanac compendium filled with stories, poems, and artwork related to the city. Five-time award-winning—now in its eleventh edition.
- We launched Storymobile in June 2014 and Storymobile 2.0 in June 2016. Residents write, film, and speak their stories with help from professional writers.
- Our new 2019 project, Poetry in the Park in the Dark, publishes poetry and art in solar-powered rocks that light up at night when you walk by them.
- Our IMPRESSIONS project publishes poetry combined with art on the Green Line and on buses.
- We publish chapbooks and trade paperbacks (Ramsey County Corrections, Vision Loss Resource Center) for organizations to celebrate their work.
- We host our “Almanac Literary Festival” in partnership with Cracked Walnut. Almanac authors read their work.
- We host the Lowertown Reading Jam Series.
- Community editor project—approximately 20 community editors of many ages and ethnicities choose what goes into the Almanac and learn writing and publishing skills.
- Writing workshops in schools, jails, libraries, and other local organizations.
© Copyright 2020 Saint Paul Almanac . All Rights Reserved.