Our mission is primarily accomplished through collaborative decision making in publication activities, readings, and mentorships that develop, showcase, and honor local voices.
Publishing and Exhibition
- We publish the annual Saint Paul Almanac compendium and travel guide filled with stories, poems, and artwork related to the city. Five-time award-winning—now in its tenth edition.
- We publish chapbooks and trade paperbacks (Ramsey County Corrections, Vision Loss Resource Center) for organizations to celebrate their work.
- We launched Storymobile in June 2014 and Storymobile 2.0 in June 2016. Residents write, film, and speak their stories with help from professional writers.
- In June 2016 we completed the Minnesota Regenerative Publishing Project, a year-long planning process with African American press Papyrus Publishing and the Minnesota Humanities Center on how to consistently publish and distribute the stories of Minnesota African descent leaders, writers and community knowledge on a consistent basis.
- Our new 2017 project, IMPRESSIONS, will publish poetry combined with art on the Green Line and on buses.
- We host our “Almanac Literary Festival” in partnership with Cracked Walnut. Almanac authors read their work.
- We host the Lowertown Reading Jam Series.
- Community editor project—20 diverse community editors choose what goes into the Almanac and learn writing and publishing skills.
- Writing workshops in schools, jails, libraries, and other local organizations.