The Saint Paul Almanac has begun the process of looking for photos and artwork for the 2014 edition. Deadline for photos/artwork is the end of March 2013.
- original/fresh/new views of old parts of the Saint Paul landscape (eg. State Capitol, bridges, landmarks, etc)
- Saint Paul festivals and events (Cinco de Mayo, Grand Old Day, Winter Carnival, flower shows, etc)
- Saint Paul parks, zoos, wildlife, nature, seasons, weather, etc.
- Saint Paul places (bars, restaurants, museums, art galleries, etc.)
- Saint Paul people doing what they do (the Saint Paul Almanac is a diverse project that intentionally seeks out and includes all cultures that live in the city, so be aware that people submissions depicting only white people are less likely to be included)
We are also looking for artwork of Saint Paul, images of paintings, mosaics, sketches, etc.
Photos may be cropped to fit the dimensions of the Almanac.
Sharing Flickr sets is also acceptable, preferably Pro accounts with download enabled. This helps the work flow, being able to eliminate having to seek out the original file after we decide to include it. Illustrating the Almanac is a giant game of photo Tetris—the simpler we can make it at our end, the better.Photo credit is given with photographer name and their website URL/flickr name if desired. Photographers whose work gets selected are told their work will be selected and—after publication—are paid $10 per image and receive a free Almanac.
Ideally package the submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with a text file/email that has photographer name, contact info (phone, e-mail), and a short bio, eg. http://saintpaulalmanac.org/about/contributors-bios/2013-contributors/
Ask a Question
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Artwork Submission for 2014 Saint Paul Almanac’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Your questions’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]